Zantetsuken (ザンテツケン?) is an ability which appears in Kingdom Hearts Final Mix, Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories, Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories, Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix, Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep, Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix, and Kingdom Hearts Re:coded. It consists of holding the Keyblade-tip backwards, then performing a single powerful slash through the opponent's body so quickly that the cut doesn't appear until after the technique is finished. It can defeat minor enemies in a single hit. In Kingdom Hearts Final Mix it requires 2 AP to equip, while in Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix it is only available while using Limit Form, but when executed it instantly removes one Drive Bar. In Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories, the damage it inflicts is sharply reduced, and instead it is able to break the opponent's card and render it unreloadable.
- 1 Learning Zantetsuken
- 2 Other appearances
- 3 Etymology
- 4 Trivia
Kingdom Hearts Final Mix
- Sora learns "Zantetsuken" after defeating the Kurt Zisa.
- Sora learns "Zantetsuken" starting at level 22.
Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories
- Sora learns "Zantetsuken" starting at level 27.
Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix
- Limit Form has "Zantetsuken" as a default ability.
- Terra can either meld the Zantetsuken Attack Command or buy it at the Mirage Arena Moogle Shop; once obtained, it can be sold at the other Moogle Shops.
- Stopga (LVL 4) and Dark Haze (LVL 4): 80% - Type B Recipe
- Stopga (LVL 4) and Sonic Blade (LVL 5): 80% - Type F Recipe
Kingdom Hearts Re:coded
- Zantetsuken is not available to buy in the Moogle Shop. It can only be combined in the Command Matrix.
- It can be obtained by getting a star rank at the Olympus Coliseum when choosing 30 layers.
- Data-Sora can create Zantetsuken through Command Conversion.
- It has a memory consumption of 22%.
- Judgment Triad + Gravity Drop
- Zantetsuken is the only attack within the Kingdom Hearts series that uses romanized Japanese in the English versions of the games.