Valor Form (ブレイヴフォーム Bureivu Fōmu?, lit. "Brave Form") is a Drive Form which appears in Kingdom Hearts II and Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix. Valor Form uses Goofy, who represents strength and courage. Valor Form consumes three of Sora's Drive Bars, and represents Sora's strength, and is obtained along with Sora's new clothes at Mysterious Tower.
Valor Form is obtained along with Sora's new clothes at the mysterious tower, and is the first drive form obtained. Similar to Wisdom Form, it consumes three Drive Bars. The form drastically increases Sora's strength, as well as increasing his running and jumping ability, while also increasing his ground combo attack by one, at the cost of being unable to cast magic; making it the most offensive drive form. Sora is also capable of stunning enemies with his attacks, and blocking enemy attacks while slashing; but Berserker Nobodies are immune to the stun effect of Sora's attacks. One of Sora's abilities in Valor Form, Omega Finale, allows him to do finishing attacks without finishing a combo. In Valor Form, Sora's attacks are executed with two Keyblades. When he receives this Form from Flora, Fauna, and Merryweather he also receives the Star Seeker Keychain as the default second Keyblade. Sora develops the Combo Up and High Jump abilities by leveling up this form.
- Growth Ability Valor Form's Growth ability is High Jump, which increases Sora's jumping height by a maximum of 320%, when the ability reaches its maximum level. It can be used in many ways to broaden Sora’s air combos and causes aerial battles to become swifter, in addition to making evading enemy attacks simpler. As well as making platforming easier, High Jump can be used to reach chests that are unreachable in the first playthrough of the main story.
- Form Level Valor Form gains one experience point for every attack dealt to an enemy. Reaction Commands in Valor Form also count towards experience, but the shockwave from the transformation does not count. The enemy's type (Nobody, Heartless) does not matter. In Kingdom Hearts II, Valor Form can only reach level 3 until after unlocking Wisdom Form, and can only reach level 5 until after unlocking Final Form.
|Form Level||EXP||Bonus Valor Form||Bonus Sora|
|1||0||High Jump Level 1||N/A|
|2||100||Form Gauge +1||Auto Valor|
|3||400||Form Gauge +1, High Jump Level 2||High Jump Level 1|
|4||760||Form Gauge +1||Combo Plus|
|5||1,210||Form Gauge +1, High Jump Level 3||High Jump Level 2|
|6||1,750||Form Gauge +1||Combo Plus|
|7||2,500||Form Gauge +1, High Jump MAX||High Jump Level 3|
This form turns Sora's clothes into a red and black color scheme with a fleur-de-lis on each sleeve and pant leg. In this form, Sora wields two Keyblades, and is also very dexterous, sometimes even spinning the Keyblade on a single finger during a combo. No matter what world Sora is in, Sora's hands glow light red and flicker with red electricity. When Sora runs in Valor Form, flakes of red energy fly off of his hands in a streak.
- Costume changes
- Timeless River: Sora's health icon becomes red in tint.
- Halloween Town: Sora's mask turns into a devil-mask, slightly reminiscent of a Bomb from the Final Fantasy series. The mask also appears to be decorated by a stylized fleur-de-lis.
- Christmas Town: A red fleur-de-lis appears on Sora's santa hat and on the back of his shirt.
- Space Paranoids: Sora's circuit lines turn red, similar to those of Sark.
|Brave Shot||A strong combo finisher that knocks an opponent into the air with a huge wave of red energy.|
|Brave Beat||A strong combo finisher that damages many opponents with a powerful spinning attack.|
|Sonic Strike||Sora spears an enemy with one of his Keyblades midair, dealing massive damage. With Omega Finale, Sonic Strike can be executed into a one-hit attack.|
|Sonic End||A powerful combo where Sora slashes furiously in midair, ending with a powerful "X" slash.|
|Over the Horizon||By pressing Template:Button, Sora automatically lunges at the targeted enemy.|
|Omega Finale||Allows combo finisher to be executed in the middle of a combo, accessible by pressing Template:Button.|
|Rataliating Slash||When knocked into the air, pressing Template:Button will allow Sora to do a quick recovery and execute several air slashes surrounding him.|
|High Jump||An enhancement of jump where Sora does a backflip in mid-air.|
|Synch Blade||Allows Sora to wield two Keyblades at once.|
|Combo Plus||1 added attack to prolong combos.|
|Air Combo Plus||1 added attack to prolong air combos.|
Some of the best Keyblades to use for this form is either the Sleeping Lion or Star Seeker, since Valor Form levels up by the number of hits landed, increasing the length of combos it makes so that you gain more EXP more quickly. Both of the above mentioned Keyblades are best paired with each other, or with other Keyblades with a low strength value. Alternatively, if you equip Sweet Memories, which has no strength boost, your hits will deal less damage and allow for more hits per enemy.
Morning Stars and Crimson Jazzes are both enemies which take a lot of damage, and to make it even better their attacks are easily disrupted by Valor Form's, and they drop a lot of Drive Orbs when defeated. These enemies appear together in both Hollow Bastion and Beast's Castle, making those both good places to train Valor Form; Beast's Castle also has the added benefit of a Save Point right next to the battlefield, and closely grouped enemies. Also, the Oathkeeper is a great Keyblade to use as either the main or off-hand Keyblade, as it has the Form Boost ability, which makes the Drive Gauge last longer.
In Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix, a great place to level Valor form is The Cave of Wonders: Treasure Room in Agrabah. Land in Cave of Wonders: Chasm of Challenges and enter through the large door. Mushroom V of the Mushroom XIII appears here, and when you intiate the battle, it starts to constantly regenerate health. Continue to attack it until its HP gets down to about one bar, and then let it regenerate for a few seconds so you don't accidentally defeat it. If it is defeated or if your Drive Gauge is running low, leave the Treasure Room and use the Save Point to your left. Return and repeat this process until your Valor Form maxed.
Due to Sora being incapable of using magic, Donald (or another team member) should always be healing Sora with healing magic, or abilities such as Cure Potion. Otherwise, Sora should have healing items such as Potions, Hi-Potions, Mega-Potions or Elixirs in case he needs to heal.
In popular culture
Notes and References
- Yen Sid's mirror: "An image of you utilizing your strength to its fullest flows into your mind."