Bluer's Talk Page
- 1 New Entry?
- 2 Hiya
- 3 Main Page
- 4 Talk page archive issues
- 5 Duplicates
- 6 BBS Theme
- 7 Age Policy
- 8 Image deletions
- 9 Protections
- 10 De-modding
- 11 Remodelling of the Manual of Style
- 12 Please ?
- 13 Help with administrator assigning
- 14 How's it going ?
- 15 MediaWiki:Description
- 16 Sooooo, we all agreed
- 17 Nice spoiler
- 18 New mods
- 19 drop rates
- 20 Special request
- 21 IRC
- 22 RE: Delete
- 23 KhMedia
- 24 Terra's ENG voice.
- 25 TNE and Neumannz
- 26 I NEED HELP
- 27 Permission.
- 28 Knock knock.
- 29 Re: Permission
- 30 Eh... some questions.
- 31 Affiliation
- 32 Image
- 33 E-mail, please
- 34 Alaaaaaaaaaaaa... :-*
- 35 Moderator Rights
- 36 Kingdom Hearts Wiki talk:Votes for Featured Users
- 37 Kingofgame
- 38 Affiliates
- 39 Please put your input
- 40 Twitter List
- 41 The hell?
- 42 May I have a reply?
- 43 Happy Birthday
- 44 Featured Article
- 45 Theme Designer
- 46 i noticed something about both versions of Vanitas (normal and lingering setiment)
- 47 Kingdom Hearts Ultimania
- 48 Affiliates
- 49 Hello....
Blue, Hope you are fairing well against the tide of edits that always accompany release week. We'll be throwing up a spotlight for you shortly to help get the word out. I do have a couple of question for you though - 1. can you point me to the discussion about the value of blogs - I would love to know why the community decided against using them. 2. Can you remind me why there are no key words or search terms in your page title to help your SE ranking? Also, let us know if you need anything! -- Doug (talk) 00:51, October 9, 2009 (UTC)
- See Forum:Blog removal petetion. We have alrady decided to have them removed, and I think the time we decided for Users to save anything they wanted to keep is up. Please remove them immediately. --DoorToNothing 02:49, October 9, 2009 (UTC)
I totally love this! It's really good. :D
——oddishh 20:55, December 12, 2009 (UTC)
Talk page archive issues
Hey, Bluer. We seem to be having an issue with WorldOfChaos who is protesting the talk page archive practice. As our rules and practices expert, would you mind giving Kryten and me a hand in explaining the issue to him? I'm going to be out for the evening, so I'm not going to be able to keep an eye on the situation. You might also want to check out his user page. BebopKate 20:50, December 12, 2009 (UTC)
- I'm sorry for responding pretty late.
- Since Wikia allows for wiki's under it to administer their own policy as long as it stands by Wikia guidelines, I personally think our talk archive practice is pretty much in good standing, plus it's pretty much a courtesy to other users who would like to refer back to the messages they left in other user's talk pages. If our community wants it, we might have it in writing pretty soon, though. BLUER一番 16:00, December 13, 2009 (UTC)
Alright il just fix that up in a jiffy. Thanks for the notice. D.Dark. 18:15, December 14, 2009 (UTC)
This seems somewhat unfair i would like to hear what would you think about this new insane pollicy from you Mister Bluer--Malevolence Crystalised 14:24, December 17, 2009 (UTC)
I don't know if more had been uploaded by that point, but when I did my sweep through, I tried to only leave images that were official; that way, even if they weren't being used right then, they were at least usable and available. At least some of the ones you deleted were on the list only because of the improper creditation template, and were actually being used in articles (ex: File:Evil Bumper.jpg). Could you please review the images you deleted and restore any that were being used?Glorious CHAOS! 08:46, December 21, 2009 (UTC)
- Here's what I've found so far. As a special note for the KH2 FM images, I've uploaded full screenshots of the journal pages to the main talk page, so anyone with good image software can upload high-quality copies.Glorious CHAOS! 09:39, December 21, 2009 (UTC)
- "I will restore these for licensing, without which they will be deleted again. "
- Could you please explain what licensing they would need? I've never really dealt with that side of things.
- I believe the version of the Xehanort image with the picture frame is official, and would be more useful.
- Keyblade of Terra is an impossible to find image of the Lingering Sentiment's Keyblade. It should be used on that page, or on the Terra's Keyblade page (for comparison, as it's not actually Terra's Keyblade]].
- The rest I have no problems with. If the uploader wants them deleted, then that is fine with me.Glorious CHAOS! 10:41, December 21, 2009 (UTC)
- "I will restore these for licensing, without which they will be deleted again. "
- Needed images (must be restored or replaced with higher quality)
- Official but optional images (demo screenshots or scans)
- User images (need to ask whoever's still using them)
Users That agree to the de-modding
- —DemonicKunai 14:24, January 24, 2010 (UTC)
- I like De Op better but this works too ^.^ Prinnyvolence Dood! 14:27, January 24, 2010 (UTC)
- Riku's Love 14:30, January 24, 2010 (UTC)
joekeybladeaura 00:37, February 3, 2010 (UTC) Users That Disagree With the de-modding.
- Coroxn 18:12, January 24, 2010 (UTC)
- LevL 18:16, January 24, 2010 (UTC)
- I fail to see how he's "mean", he doesn't abuse his status in any way, and "bossy and annoying" are not valid reasons.--Lapis ofthe Night 18:21, January 24, 2010 (UTC)
- Xion4ever 19:14, January 24, 2010 (UTC)
- Random!to a point! 20:02, January 24, 2010 (UTC)
- I agree he can be a little bossy, but its no reason to de-mod him. KingdomKeyDarkside 20:42, January 24, 2010 (UTC)
Remodelling of the Manual of Style
We were supposed to remodel the Manual of Style somewhere last October but it turns out that the games have been released before we deliberated on anything.
Please join me on this page and raise the issues that you believe need to be raised in the MOS, or anywhere at all.
Help with administrator assigning
How's it going ?
Hi Bluerfn. I noticed that the wiki didn't have a customized MediaWiki:Description, which provides metadata information, so I just edited it. Feel free to tweak it as you see fit. JoePlay (talk) 17:44, March 19, 2010 (UTC)
Sooooo, we all agreed
Front page warns about Spoiler Policy for new games, then the featured article about the oathkeeper, right below this spoiler policy update, ironically just spoiled part of 358/2 days for me (dealing with xion and roxas). Not sure if you're the one in charge of that or whatever, but to whoever is tell them thanks a lot.
- Oh, and in case you're wondering about the Spoiler Policy, that applies to BBS, since the English version is yet to be released. Not sure if you'd be able to see this, but it's downright unreasonable to implement a Spoiler Policy for 358, since it's long been out in stores and the endings would've been spoiled on YT by now. So get a life, smarty pants.
- EDIT 07:14, April 14, 2010 (UTC) : Sorry Blue, I just had to do it ^_^
- Ya ampun, miscommunication ! Who said what on your page, then ?? I'm really sorry about the misunderstanding ; I didn't think it was you at all !!
Hey I'm kind of new to the whole editing thing, but shouldn't there be drop rates on more pages than simply the item page itself? I mean, take Bambi. It has absolutely zero drop rate sections, which makes the page quite the candidate for the cleanup drive, which by the way is awesome. So, if you would please add that, it would be much appreciated, thank you.
Hello, I'm the main administrator of the Spanish version of the Kingdom Hearts wikia. I would like to know whether we could use your chess style backround for our wikia. I know you worked hard to do it so that's why I ask it. --PaS NaS 01:04, June 13, 2010 (UTC)
- Thank you for your notice. Please discuss with all parties involved, and tell me the consensus. BLUER一番 06:31, July 9, 2010 (UTC)
Hey Bluer, may I ask which article you are refering to? Or is it just the images that I have been nominating? If it's an article, I usually put a reason, but on the images I don't, as most are obviously low quality or unused. I try to put the good ones in if I can, but they don't really have places in most articles, and I've noticed Kryten removing artwork from several articles when he can, so I don't try with that. Any thoughts? Template:The Inexistentsig
Okay, so I should just put that as a reason. Okay, thanks. Template:The Inexistentsig
- Um, I'll undo a few of them. Like I said before, I added them to the galleries wherever possible. Several that were unused had no place to fit in, as well most being superseded/ low quality (half the time housing a logo). I'll see if there is space in the galleries, but no promises. Template:The Inexistentsig
- I'll see what I can do... Template:The Inexistentsig
Hey, I'm a staff member of a site called Kingdom Hearts Media, and I was wondering if we could affiliate with the KH Wikia. Here's the link:
- Agreeable. We wait for you to link back to our site, and we'll add the link to yours. BLUER一番 14:15, August 4, 2010 (UTC)
Do you have a banner, or should we make it plain text?
Terra's ENG voice.
I saw on imdb.com that Terra will be voiced by Jim Carrey.
IMDB is not a reliable source. God I love maggosh for making this forum.
20:47, August 4, 2010 (UTC)
TNE and Neumannz
- As I said before, you may hold your elections; it does help us in the decision-making process, but in the end BK and I will make the final decisions. BLUER一番 06:45, August 10, 2010 (UTC)
- Oh! Oh, sorry, I didn't understand that's what you meant.
- A few questions:
- Promoting the current mods (TNE and Neumannz) was one of the planks of the discussion from the beginning, not part of the election bit.
- Could you provide the discussion transcript for this decision, or any sort of background for it?User:KrytenKoro
I NEED HELP
Hi Bluerfn. I am new here and there is some stuff i need to know. Such as the textboxes, profile boxes, and those boxes which you pu stuff in such as this user is a male or this user is Australian. PLEZE HELP
Hi there, nice to meet you. Sorry for bothering you but I've something that I want to talk to you.
Well, I'm kingofgame981, you maybe didn't know me, I'm a fan of Kingdom Hearts (a crazy-fan) from Vietnam. Today I send this talk to you to ask for permission, I want to make a KHwiki for Vietnam long time ago but it's just only me and I don't know anything about code (HTML, PHP, ...). Seeing other wikies like Final Fantasy was turned into Vietnamese, my... eh... loved for KH and wanted peoples in Vietnam know KH just like FF (It's rare to see a person over 17 years old like me love KH in Vietnam, people just know FF or other famous games like God of War, Gear of Wars, ...) and that's my big dreams (just know.)
So, I want to re-trans all of you guys wiki-info for my Vietnamese wiki, and re-use all of yours code on all pages cause I can't write code, just some simple of BB code. And can I change something like background or color if I can use it?
Eh... I don't know where to ask because there is an organization of administators, and you are the first one (with the Xemnas avatar) so I think you're a leader... Hehe...
I don't know if I've any mistake in this letter because I still study writing English (I'm relly bad in grammar) but hope you forgive for those mistakes. And thanks for reading my talk, hope you reply soon.
Oh yeah, and can I ask you something, how can you guys choose which member can be an administator, because I still not have enough experience in this. How can you guys believe that there is no one can't ... eh... edit your post into something else that isn't right (I don't know the right word to use.) And how long since KHwiki work until know?
Hehe, sorry for bothering you, I'm asking to much. ^^ Sorry, hope you reply soon. Oh yeah, my email, kingofgame981(at)gmail(dot)com if you want to reply it in there.
(Typing in HTML background totally hard...)
Thank you so much, that's helping me a lot. I'll doing it right now.
All credit to KHwiki. ^^
Eh... some questions.
Hehe... Sorry for bothering you. Truly, I'm stuck with somethings...
- About the template countdown, I did't know how to made it work. '3'
- About the left column like Kingdom Hearts Wiki, Main Series, ... I thought that I've to created a lots of categories, but then it didn't show of, just only a title "Kingdom Hearts VN Wiki", the other like Main Series, ... Does that mean I've to write a page (example like a page of Kingdom Hearts I) then the category will work? *-*
- About the Image section, how can you create something like that, and if I've an image like Sora render then the Sora section will appear that image, right...? Or like the section with an alphabet and in each alphabet, example in K is Kingdom Hearts I and II and COM, ...
- Truly, I didn't know where to changed the background and the logo... :3
Sorry for bothering, these HTML codes relly hard.
--Kingofgame981 10:11, August 20, 2010 (UTC)
Yeah, I've started my wiki when you agreed the permission. My adress is vi.kingdomheartsvn.wikia.com, totally worst.
- About the image, does that mean I've to create a place to put those images into it?
I hate to being a newbie, cause it waste so many times of other people, and more...
--Kingofgame981 02:01, August 22, 2010 (UTC)
Yeah, you right, the "vn" isn't necssecary. :3 Haha, Created a new wiki, cause that wiki I was created long ago before get into work.
About the Wikia Gaming Section on the Main Page, I was trying to deleted it because all the link was connected to English Wiki (I was tried to changed the link in Final Fantasy Vietnamese Wiki but it didn't work), but then when I previewed my post I saw that the Main Page become an normal article... Does this section important for the wiki, if true then I won't touch it. :3
And I also got this error when editing the Main Page:
A database query syntax error has occurred. This may indicate a bug in the software. The last attempted database query was:
/*id=20100822020239*/ (SQL query hidden)
from within function "Database::delete". Database returned error "1146: Table 'vikingdomhearts.page_wikia_props' doesn't exist (10.8.32.28)".
Hi, I would like to affiliate. Please let me know if you are interested. Name: Mike Website Name: KH-Recharged URL: www.kh-recharged.com
--Kingofgame981 10:26, August 23, 2010 (UTC)
Usually when you upload an image, where will this image go? I mean when you still not create the Image Section, example the Enemy Cards Section, that when I upload an Yellow Opera Card, where will this image go?
--Kingofgame981 10:32, August 23, 2010 (UTC)
Thank you so much. :3
Hey Bluer, if you're about, can you please check your e-mail? I have a question for you. User:BebopKate/Sig 03:19, August 24, 2010 (UTC)
- Replied =D BLUER一番 03:21, August 24, 2010 (UTC)
- The only damage you can do is remove sysop rights from every admin and/or make everyone bureaucrats, sysops and mods, if you dare to be that crazy. BLUER一番 04:35, August 24, 2010 (UTC)
- Inline notes for citations needed are absolutely essential. A generic "This article requires more sources" does not address which lines are actually unsupported. This has been standard wiki practice since day one.
- However, the template does not mean that the information is disputed and should be removed - it merely means that it is information that should be sourced. Most of the instances I saw and had to revert were ones where I KNOW that the information is correct, I've seen the interview, I just can't find it off hand to provide the citation.
- This template has been used often to improve articles, it has long standing within the general wiki community (and copyediting in general), and from what I saw on the IRC, we have community consensus to keep it. Please do not delete it again.Glorious CHAOS! 15:18, August 27, 2010 (UTC)
Template:Bluer Template:KrytenKoro Template:Bluer Template:Maggosh Template:Bluer Template:KrytenKoro Template:Bluer Template:KrytenKoro Template:Maggosh Template:Bluer Template:KrytenKoro Template:Bluer
- Oh, all right. Thank you. I'm sure as BebopKate works on her administration guide, she can do one for moderators, as well. I'll ask her about that. No other moderator has mentioned being able to do this (my user rights only say "rollback" if you're curious), but when I look at a page's history, I see (undo|block) [rollback]. I asked Azul about this, and when he said to try blocking him, it wouldn't work. I haven't tried going to an IP's contribution list and then blocking from there like I've done as an admin on other Wikis, but I do get the option to block an IP in the edit history of a page. - EternalNothingnessXIII 08:50, August 28, 2010 (UTC)
Please put your input
So, I got the the name of all of those who have the password:
We should make a Twitter Page on the wiki, listing all of those who posses the password, and maybe a place to leave sugestion of what should be tweeted, etc...
02:24, September 13, 2010 (UTC)
- We should make a link to the Twitter account on the Main Page as well. Complete with the icon. Also, don't we have a forum thread for this, we can use that thread. Also, anyone wants to put this up on Wikia main? BLUER一番 02:30, September 13, 2010 (UTC)
May I have a reply?
I saw your edit summary and thought I'd say Happy Birthday. ^-^ --
02:04, September 23, 2010 (UTC)
Hey Bluerfn, just in case you don't see the update on my talk page - the Theme Designer is working here now. That was a weird one - it was just broken for this wiki. But all's good now. I did a quick background and wordmark test, although the wordmark isn't very clean (I just cut it out from the Monaco logo)... but it gives an idea of the possibilities anyway -- Sannse (help forum | blog) 16:13, October 15, 2010 (UTC)
- I made a quick change to the New Look skin but apparently the Wiki still have issues with it, and I couldn't switch. BLUER一番 16:17, October 15, 2010 (UTC)
- EDIT: It works now. Great ^^ BLUER一番 02:04, October 16, 2010 (UTC)
- I think there's still something wrong. I couldn't add a text wordmark, which isn't normal. I uploaded an image one instead, but it should be possible to do both - I'll go back to the techys -- Sannse (help forum | blog) 07:20, October 17, 2010 (UTC)
i noticed something about both versions of Vanitas (normal and lingering setiment)
i noticed they look shockingly similar to Riku (at the sora VS Riku battle in Hallow Bastion/Radiant Garden in KH1)
Kingdom Hearts Ultimania
We'd be interesting in setting up an Affiliation/Link Exchange with KH Wikia if possible. Please let me know your thoughts at email@example.com
Thanks Pete Campbell