System Sectors are locations unique to Kingdom Hearts Re:coded, replacing the Debug Areas that appeared in Kingdom Hearts coded. They can be accesed through Backdoors, and are found in every world. A System Sector can have several different floors. Once one floor is cleared, a transport appears, allowing Sora to move up a floor. Eventually, a terminal will open, allowing Sora to leave the Sector altogether.
Inside each Sector reside bugs. If a section of the Sector is colored red, enemies must be eliminated. Once Data-Sora has defeated bugged Heartless, the room will become blue. Defeating Heartless and destroying Bug Blox will earn Data-Sora System Points, or SP. Once Data-Sora leaves the Sector, he will be prompted to redeem his SP for rewards. The first few rewards will be highlighted in yellow, meaning that they are "system rewards", and that they can only be redeemed once. Below these are other prizes, which can be obtained repeatedly. Once the player doesn't have enough SP for an item, they can trade the remainder in for equivilant EXP or munny.
After completing Traverse Town, System Challenges become available. Once Data-Sora enters a System Sector, he will be rewarded 1000 SP. Before he can enter each floor, he will be prompted to wager 10%, 30%, or 50% of the 1000. If he can complete the challenge, he will be rewarded the amount wagered, with a multiplier added. If he loses the challenge, he will lose the amount of SP wagered. If the player runs out of HP during a challenge, they lose a large majority of their SP. Each floor has a separate challenge. Later in the game, floors with challenges may be randomly infected by viruses, forcing Data-Sora to wager all of his SP on its challenge, and causing each room to be not only bugged, but with stronger Heartless.
- Beach':On the small Island across the shack.
- Beach:On a small house above the port.
- Secret Place: On the door.
- First District: On the big door on the south.
- Second District: Behind s small wall.
- Alleyway: Above on one of the houses.
- Hedged Maze:
- Bizarre Room: On the giant table in the middle of the room.
- Lotus Forest: On the higher lotus.
- Aimless Path: Besides the Spade Soldier on the north-east corner of the maze.
- Palace Gates: Upper right corner of the room.
- Main Hall (UL): On the small "table" in the middle of the room.
- Destiny Islands-Beach: On the small island across the beach
- "Exit the floor in X seconds or less."
- "Block/Counter X times."
- "Defeat a certain Enemy."
- "Stay Airborne for X sec."
- "Play at night."
- "Defeat X Enemies."
- "Defeat X Enemies with an Overclock Finisher."
- "Use an Overclock Finisher in X seconds."
- "Don't use any recovery commands."
- "Ignite/Freeze/Jolt Heartless X times."
- "Get X Systems Points in the floor."
- "Break X blox."
- "Spend less than X seconds on the ground."
- "Defeat X enemies in MAX Overclock."
- "Take damage no more than X times."
- "Jump no more than X times."
- "Miss with no more than X of your attacks."
- "Use a/an X."