Stop (ストップ Sutoppu?), Stopra (ストプラ Sutopura?), and Stopga (ストプガ Sutopuga?) magic are spells that appear in Kingdom Hearts, Kingdom Hearts Final Mix, Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories, Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories, Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep, Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix and Kingdom Hearts Re:coded. They utilize the element of time.
Much like the spell in Kingdom Hearts and Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories, Stop makes an appearance in Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep.
Stop will give enemies the Stop Status Effect. Enemies inflicted by Stop will not move or attack for an amount of time, depending on the tier of spell used, and will display a clock above their head. Stop inflicts a three-second freeze, Stopra six-second, and Stopga twelve-second.
By using Stop, Sora can prevent a target from moving for a limited amount of time. As the rank of Stop increases to Stopra and then Stopga, its range and duration increase. The duration of Stop, Stopra, and Stopga can be determined by taking Sora's Max MP and adding 2 to it. When a frozen enemy is attacked, no damage is dealt at first, but the accumulated damage is dealt when Stop wears off.
After the keyhole in Hollow Bastion is revealed, the efficiency of Stop against a foe is reduced to 60% of what it once was for many enemies.
Characters who cast Stop magic in Kingdom Hearts:
The Stop Card can be used for many Sleights in Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories, all of which involve time-manipulation or paralysis. In Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories, certain objects in rooms have Stop-based properties, causing all enemies in range to receive the Stopped status effect, halting their movement both in and out of battle for a time.
|Stopra||Halt enemy movement for a long period of time.||Obtain Stop.||+|
|Stopga||Halt enemy movement for a very long period of time.||Obtain Stop.||+ +|
|Stop Raid||Hurl the Keyblade and trigger Stop upon impact.||Wonderland Bonus[CoM]||+ +|
|Lethal Frame||Stop time and deal multiple blows on an enemy.||Level 32[Re:CoM]||+ +|
|Freeze||Freezes nearby enemies. Attacking a frozen enemy deals greater damage.||Defeat Vexen on the 10th floor.[Re:CoM]||+ +|
|Warpinator||Eliminate the closest enemy. Not always successful.||Defeat Riku on the 8th floor.[CoM]|
Twilight Town Bounty[Re:CoM]
|Warp||Eliminate all enemies in sight. Enemies that vanish will not drop prizes. Not always successful.||Twilight Town Bonus[CoM]|
|Bind||Hold enemies in place. Enemies can still attack from their positions.||Find Eeyore.[CoM]|
Halloween Town Bonus[Re:CoM]
| + + |
Gravity + Stop + Any magic card
|Teleport||Rematerialize behind the targeted enemy, stunning it for a short time.||Neverland Bounty|| + + |
Any magic card + Any magic card + Peter Pan
Stop + Aero + Any item card
|Cross-slash+||Cloud singles out an enemy and uses Cross-slash.||Hollow Bastion Bounty[CoM]|
Clear Veggie Panic.[Re:CoM]
As a magic card, Stop can also be used within the following sleights.
|Homing Fira||Cast a Fira spell that seeks out the targeted enemy.||Neverland Bounty[CoM]|| + + |
Aero + Fire + Any magic card
|Homing Blizzara||Cast a Blizzara spell that seeks out the targeted enemy.||Atlantica Bounty|| + + |
Aero + Blizzard + Any magic card
|Quake||Inflict damage on all ground enemies with a violent tremor.||Atlantica Room of Rewards|| + + |
Gravity + Simba + Any magic card
|Gifted Miracle||Reload cards and reset the counter while restoring HP to friends and foes alike.||Halloween Town Bounty|| + + |
Any summon card + any magic card + Jack
Bambi + Blizzard + Any item card
|Blazing Donald||Donald flubs a Fire spell...||Agrabah Room of Rewards[CoM]|| + + |
Fire + Donald Duck + Any magic card
In Kingdom Hearts Re:coded, Stop is a status-inflicting magic command. It inflicts Stopped status effect to surrounding enemies which prevents them to move and deals minor damage. It appears as a single magic which doesn't have -ra nor -ga suffix. It has a normal reload time of 30 seconds and consumes 14% of memory.
- Defeat Parasite Cage the second time in Monstro to obtain a Stop element.
- Completing the Pooh's Swing mini-game in the 100 Acre Wood to obtain a Stop element.
- Defeat the Phantom in Neverland after sealing Hollow Bastion's Keyhole to obtain a Stop element.
- Stop: A Magic Card can be obtained in the first treasure chest in Wonderland.
- Stopra: Stock two Stop Cards.
- Stopga: Stock three Stop Cards.
- Terra, Aqua, and Ventus can obtain each type of Stop magic commands.
- The three characters can obtain upgrades for the spell through the use of command melding.
Stop can be bought in the Moogle Shop.
Stopra is a Basic-class Magic Command that can be melded through three different recipes, listed in the Magic Recipe.
- The first recipe can be melded by Terra, Ventus, and Aqua, and is a L recipe.
- Slow (LV2) + Slow (LV2)
- The second recipe can be melded by Terra, Ventus, and Aqua, and is a K recipe.
- Stop (LV2) + Slow (LV2)
- The third recipe can be melded by Terra, Ventus, and Aqua, and is a I recipe.
- Stop (LV2) + Stop (LV2)
Stopga is an Advanced-class Magic Command that can be melded through two different recipes, listed in the Mega Magic Recipe.
- The first recipe can be melded by Terra, Ventus, and Aqua, and is a I recipe.
- Stop (LV3) + Stopra (LV3)
- The second recipe can be melded by Terra, Ventus, and Aqua, and is a J recipe.
- Stopra (LV3) + Stopra (LV3)
Stop is used to meld the following commands:
Stopra is used to meld the following commands:
Stopga is used to meld the following commands:
- Stop magic is one of two standard forms of magic that do not have corresponding Gummi Blocks, the other being Reflect.
- Stop magic can be used with Gravity magic to stop enemies while they are flat.
- As with Thunder and Gravity, it is possible to beat Kingdom Hearts without obtaining the Stop spell.
- ↑ This is mistranslated as "Lethal Flame" in the American version.
- ↑ The Chrono Twister drops a Stop 25% of the time if the hero has a shop level of 4 or 5, and 40% of the time if the hero has a shop level of 6-8.
- ↑ The Chrono Twister drops a Stopra 5% of the time if the hero has a shop level of 6-8.