Scan is the ability that appears in every Kingdom Hearts game except Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories and Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories. It allows the player to view the enemy's HP. In Kingdom Hearts its AP Cost is 1 and in Kingdom Hearts II its AP Cost is 2. In Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days, Scan is found as an Ability Panel and has two variants, Range Extender and Auto-Lock. Range Extender allows the user to lock on to enemies even if they are far away and Auto-Lock allows the user to automatically lock on to available targets while attacking.
- LV.15 if sword is chosen.
- LV.9 if staff is chosen.
- LV.12 is shield is chosen.
Kingdom Hearts II
- Scan is a clear bonus for Mission 04.
- Range Extender can be purchased for 1200 Heart Points once Roxas is promoted to Rookie rank.
- Auto-Lock can be purchased for 960 Heart Points once Roxas is promoted to Agent rank.
- Scan is a recurring White Magic spell in the Final Fantasy series. They allow the caster to extract information from any target to check their maximum and current HP, discover their weaknesses, immunities and stats. In some games, it is called Libra.