A Nobody is what is left behind by those whose hearts have been consumed by Heartless. The first generic Nobodies are seen in Kingdom Hearts II, although members of Organization XIII and Naminé appeared as early as Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories and Kingdom Hearts: Final Mix, but it was unknown they were Nobodies.
Nobodies are born when a heart is swallowed by darkness and becomes a Heartless. They are the remaining parts left behind by the heart: the body, giving a Nobody form, and the soul, giving the Nobody life. However, only those with strong wills such as Sora are actually able to continue on as Nobodies. Those with the strongest wills manage to retain human forms with some slight changes to their appearance, while the rest possess malformed, barely humanoid appearances. Therefore, the more humanoid a Nobody, the more powerful it is.
All Nobodies, vanishing from the realm of light upon the loss of the heart, are born in a world in-between the realms of light and darkness, like Twilight Town or Castle Oblivion. However, because of this and their lack of hearts, they are shunned by both light and darkness, and do not truly exist.
Because of their missing hearts, Nobodies lack emotion. Although, some humanoid Nobodies pretend to possess emotions, fool others as well as themselves. On the other hand, Nobodies manage to keep their memories of their former lives, but unusual Nobodies lack memories of their former selves. Such memories are the reason why they can pretend having emotions.
- Info: You swing around a Dusk, so that you are facing its back. This also works on Creepers if one is standing nearby, and is used in the battles with Twilight Thorn and Xemnas (fourth incarnation).
- Info: The weapon of a Berserker is grabbed. Sora can then use it against them and cannot take damage while holding it.
- Info: Instantly kills an Assassin
- Info: Sora warps to defy gravity and send a Sniper's bullet back at them.
- Info: The Attack command changes to Jump (a powerful magic attack) after parrying a Dragoon's attack.
Stop Dice/ Begin Game
- Info: Sora must hit a certain command to defeat a Gambler. If he gets it wrong he is turned into a playing card or dice.
- Info: Sora enters a one-on-one battle with a Samurai, if he wins by selecting the right command it does damage but if he loses he will take damage.
- Twilight Thorn
- Organization XIII
- Scepter (With Marluxia)
Bold text = Boss
Italic text = Non-enemies