|This article is about the term, "Light". You may be looking for the song Hikari.|
Light is a force parallel to Darkness, an element for Synthesis items, and may also be used as an attack in the Kingdom Hearts universe. Although often associated with the forces of good, light is not entirely benevolent; Xemnas uses Roxas' power over light against Sora and Riku in his last stand.
Special Uses of Light
Light can also be manipulated into attacks by some beings within the Kingdom Hearts universe, most notably being Sora and his Nobody Roxas. Similar to members of Organization XIII these two are able to physically call and wield the element of Light to their aid. Roxas's light powers, however, are significantly more advanced than Sora's; he is capable of creating spears and force fields out of light, while Sora only seems to be capable of using it to augment his physical attacks.
On multiple occassions throughout the Kingdom Hearts series characters have been able to wield Light in unique manners not similar to those above. Most notable are the Princesses of Heart who are able to use their inner light to help those in need. For example, Kairi is able to use the Light in her Heart during the confusion at Hollow Bastion following Sora's sacrifice to return his heart to him during the events of Kingdom Hearts. In the sequel, Sora is able to open the "Door to Light" in the Realm of Darkness using his own heart to return himself and Riku to the Realm of Light on Destiny Islands. It should also be noted that Queen Minnie has limited control over Light as is seen with her "Limit"/Reaction Command with Sora, Faith.
Light based Attacks
Ragnarok - Used by Sora in the original Kingdom Hearts, it releases a flurry of light based magic in the form of laserlike beams.
Ars Arcanum - Sora covers his Keyblade with orange hued light and slashes a devastating combo.
Explosion - Used by Sora in Kingdom Hearts II, 4 light orbs spin around Sora, grinding into the enemy, then repelling them.
Trinity Limit - Used by Sora in Kingdom Hearts, a different version is used by Sora, Donald, and Goofy in Kingdom Hearts II.
- In the Original Sora points his keyblade straight into the air,begins glowing, jumps up and sticks the Keyblade into the ground as a strange symbol and 4 orbs of light appear around him. He twists his keyblade into the ground in an unlocking motion as light bursts from the orbs, damaging all enemies in sight.
- In Kingdom Hearts II, the final move of Trinity Limit is for Sora, Donald, and Goofy to raise their weapons as an orb of light is created above them, blasting all enemies.
Finishing Leap - Used By Sora in Kingdom Hearts II, Sora leaps into the air and strikes the ground creating a burst of light, launching enemies into the air.
Light Shields - Used by Roxas during his battle against Sora in Kingdom Hearts II. 13 of them can be called up at any one time and and Roxas uses them in different ways, from mixing them into his keyblade attacks to rushing across the field with the shields charging alongside him
- Brave Shot - Sora slams both Keyblades into the ground creating a burst of light that races across the ground, knocking enemies into the air.
- Sonic Strike - Sora completely coats one of his Keyblades in light and rushes forward through the air spearing enemies.
- Wisdom Shot - Wisdom forms main attack is to shoot bullets of light magic that slightly home.
- Every attack of Final form includes light in some way.
- Final Arcana - Sora hooks his Keyblades together and throws them like a boomerang across the field, then splits them apart and clashes them together summoning damaging bursts of light.
- Final Arts - Sora spins the keyblades together in mid air then has them move around him slashing up and down repeatedly, light coming out of both ends. He then spins, holding the keyblades to the soles of his feet, and then dives down to the ground in a protective barrier of light.
|Kingdom Hearts • Chain of Memories • Kingdom Hearts II • coded • 358/2 Days • Birth by Sleep • 3D: Dream Drop Distance • χ [chi] • Union χ • 0.2 Birth by Sleep • Back Cover • Kingdom Hearts III|
|Remakes and Remasters|
|Re:Chain of Memories • Re:coded • Unchained χ • Dream Drop Distance HD|
|Trinity Master Pieces • II Final Mix+ • HD 1.5 ReMix • HD 2.5 ReMix • HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue • 1.5 + 2.5 ReMIX • The Story So Far|
|Final Mix • II Final Mix • Birth by Sleep Final Mix|
|Non Canon Titles|
|V CAST • Mobile • Magical Puzzle Clash • Gummiship Studio|
|Characters | Heartless | Nobodies | Unversed | Dream Eaters | Replicas | Heart | Soul | Body | Memory | Keyhole | Gate | Keyblade | Light | Darkness|
|Mark of Mastery | Book of Prophecies | χ-blade | Foreteller|
|HP | AP | Munny | Magic | Heart Points | Save Point | Gummi Ship | Cards | Medal | Level | Flowmotion | Jiminy's Journal | Point of No Return|