Policies and guidelines document good practice on the Kingdom Hearts Wiki as established by consensus. The degree of enforcement should be handled on a case-by-case basis, as not all conventions described here work in every situation. Rather, these pages exist to help keep contributors up to speed on all previously made community decisions, ensuring consistency and cohesiveness across the site. Policies also exist to help guide dispute resolution and administrative action to maintain a constructive, collaborative environment on the site.
Generally, policies govern the inclusion or exclusion of content on the site, whereas guidelines govern the presentation of such content. Policies are usually intentionally broad, presenting an ideal to aim for and the steps to get there. Guidelines are generally less strict than policies in enforcement, but more specific in purview.
Content policies concern the content within the mainspace (articles) of the wiki.
- Project:Verifiability — Content should be verifiable against reliable sources, preferably using citations to support contentious or extraordinary claims.
- Project:Notability — Topics must be important, unique, or independently viable to have dedicated articles. Information within articles should be relevant to the average user.
- Project:About § Scope — The Kingdom Hearts Wiki does not devote coverage to everything conceivably related to the Kingdom Hearts series. Included topics must help meet the wiki's goals.
- Project:About § What the Kingdom Hearts Wiki is not...
Procedural policies concern how users behave on and interact with the wiki.
- Project:Consensus — Decisions are made, and disputes are resolved, according to an organic process by which well reasoned arguments are prioritized, rather than majority rule.
- Project:Administrators — Policies concerning the role and standards expected of administrators, as well as the procedures concerning their promotion and demotion.
- Project:Moderation — Policies concerning administrative use of sysop and content moderator access levels (namely deletion, reverting, blocking, and page protection).
- Project:Conduct policy — Among other etiquette, don't be a dick, and there are some restrictions on user pages.
- Project:Manual of Style — Governs the style standards within articles. Its primary goal is to maintain stylistic consistency across articles.
- Project:File use — Concerns the uploading, organization, and use of files on the wiki. Sections "Before uploading files" and "Uploading files" are considered content policies rather than guidelines.
- Category:Template documentation — All templates have individualized guidelines concerning their use, and should be treated as reflections of (and written according to) consensus.
Ignore all rules
If a "rule" prevents you from improving the Kingdom Hearts Wiki—ignore it.