The Hydra is a multi-headed monster that is found in Kingdom Hearts II and Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix. It is one of the bosses at Olympus Coliseum. It originally appeared in the Disney movie Hercules.
Defeat the Hydra! Fight alongside various friends!Battle hint
In this battle, you have the most character support of any battle. Donald and Goofy in your party, Phil tossing the pots to stun the Hydra, Meg giving you HP, MP and Drive orbs and Pegasus allowing you to use the Pegasus Run reaction command.
The battle begins as Sora attacks the main head for a while. Then a Reaction Command called Vanquish appears—doing so will allow Sora to remove its head. It puts its head in the sand and three heads sprout from the surrounding area. With Phil's help you can immobilize the heads with a Reaction Command called Phil One-Two and then follow it up with Urninator. You must then defeat and Vanquish the heads before they awake.
The Hydra then pulls its neck out of the ground and shows that it has seven heads. While fighting the seven heads, you can use Pegasus to fly up to the heads to strike them with a Reaction Command called 'Pegasus Run'. Once it is out of HP, you can use the Vanquish command again. If you ever run low on HP, MP, or Drive, Megara is found at the outside the arena itself, hiding on the very left side of the arena. Simply run around the area, and she will toss you what you need.
Hydra is capable of summoning dark orbs, using lightning, and using blue fire similar to Hades. At the end of the battle you get Thunder and after the cutscene, Hero's Crest. If you die, don't worry - King Mickey will be able to help you.
- Phil One-Two: When the Hydra has it's head in the ground, follow Phil's advice and "Get up on the Hydra's back!". When you do this, this reaction command is available. Phil will throw an urn into the air, and Sora will leap into the air.
- Urninator: After Phil One-Two, use this Reaction Command. Sora will hit the urn downwards with his Keyblade, and it will smash after it lands on the Hydra's back, stunning it for a short time.
- Pegasus Run: When this Reaction Command is activated, Sora will mount Pegasus, and they will fly at the Hydra's heads.
- Attack: During Pegasus Run, use this Reaction Command to attack the Hydra's heads with the Keyblade.
- Vanquish: When you have depleted the Hydra's health bar to zero, it will slump over. Use this Reaction Command, and Sora will slice quickly through the Hydra's necks, defeating it.
Notes and references
- ↑ Each of the Hydra's heads have only 71 HP.
|Bosses introduced in Kingdom Hearts|
|Queen of Hearts, Card Soldiers, and Crank Tower | Cerberus | Hercules | Hades | Rock Titan | Ice Titan | Sabor | Clayton | Cave of Wonders Guardian | Jafar and Genie | Genie Jafar and Iago | Lock, Shock, and Barrel | Oogie Boogie | Oogie's Manor | Glut | Ursula, Flotsam and Jetsam | Captain Hook | Maleficent | Dragon Maleficent | Chernabog|
|Bosses introduced in Kingdom Hearts II|
|Shan-Yu and Hayabusa | Beast | Hydra | Pete | Captain Barbossa | Shenzi, Banzai, and Ed | Scar | Scar's Ghost | MCP and Sark|
|Bosses introduced in Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep|
|Lucifer | Magic Mirror/Gameplay | Experiment 221 | Gantu | Peter Pan|
|Bosses introduced in Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix|