Template:Game The Fat Bandit (ファットバンディット Fatto Banditto?) is an Emblem Heartless that is found in the Kingdom Hearts series. They are quite similar to Large Bodies, since damage to their frontsides is negated, but can attack with fire, by spitting it and breathing it. They can turn around much faster to protect their backsides, whereas the Large Body cannot. Because of their long range fire-based attacks, Fat Bandits are best attacked with magic from afar. However, Fire has no effect on them. The Fat Bandits also take damage from attacks to the head, and are very easy to attack when they turn around to charge up their attack that sends a wave of fire on the floor.
"Fat Bandit" is the perfect name for these massive, essentially spherical Heartless. A cousin of the more svelte Bandit, Fat Bandits boast the blue skin, turbans, face masks, and curled-toe shoes of their skinnier counterparts. Their dress is stereotypically Arabian, in keeping with the area they tend to be seen most in, and is bright and colorful, probably to distinguish them from the similarly shaped but more muted Large Bodies. Fat Bandits are clad in an orange, pointy-shouldered vest trimmed in light yellow, light orange wristbands, a yellow sash, and bright green baggy pants, the warm colors serving as a warning of their Fire-based magic abilities.
Kingdom Hearts Final Mix Fat Bandits are colored completely differently from the originals; they feature grey skin, a light blue sash, dark blue pants, green wristbands, and a red vest trimmed in gold.
The Fat Bandit's name references the size of the Heartless's round, bloated body, and highlights its resemblance to Arabian thugs. Historically, bandits were outlaws that would commit crimes such as robbery or murder.
- Flamethrower: Blows long flame forward
- Flame Shot: Blows fireballs from its mouth
- Light Punch: Low jump followed by double-fist swing
- Blaze Punch: Fiery punch creates shockwave
Notes and References
- The Fat Bandit drops (1) HP Ball x 15, (5) HP Ball x 1, (1) Munny x 2, (5) Munny x 4, Elixir (4%), Blaze Gem (8%), and Firaga Ring (2%) if it is defeated with attacks to the stomach while it is inhaling, or (1) HP Ball x 10 if it is defeated with Gravity while it is inhaling.