Blizzard (ブリザド Burizado?), Blizzara (ブリザラ Burizara?), and Blizzaga (ブリザガ Burizaga?) magic are spells that appear in Kingdom Hearts, Kingdom Hearts Final Mix, Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories, Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories, Kingdom Hearts II, Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix, Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days, Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep, Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix, Kingdom Hearts coded,Kingdom Hearts Re:coded, and Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance. They utilize the element of ice and are associated with the Frost material.
Blizzard magic is similar to Kingdom Hearts II in that it shoots a large chunk of ice directly in front of the caster, and there are multiple ice-based attacks as well. The Diamond Dust and Frozen Fortune Command Styles are also ice-based.
In Kingdom Hearts, Blizzard shoots a spreading burst of ice crystals in front of the caster at the cost of 1 MP bar. The spread widens each time the spell is upgraded, and is capable of striking several enemies at once.
In Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories, Blizzard appears as a magic card that can be used by Sora. Donald and Jack can still cast forms of Blizzard when summoned. The only Keyblade given the ice element in this game is Diamond Dust. The Blizzard card can be used in the following sleights:
|Chill the opposition with powerful ice magic.||Available from the beginning.||+|
|Freeze the opponent with supreme ice magic.||Available from the beginning.||+ +|
|Aqua Splash (アクアスプラッシュ
|Spray melted ice at the enemy over a period of time, inflicting ice damage. Use the left analog stick to control the direction of attack.||1st Monstro Reward||+ +|
|Blizzard Raid (ブリザドレイド
|Hurl the Keyblade and inflict ice damage.||Olympus Coliseum Bounty||+ +|
|Gifted Miracle (ミラクルギフト
Mirakuru Gifuto?, lit. "Miracle Gift")
|Reload cards and reset the counter while restoring HP to friends and foes alike.||Halloween Town Bounty|| + + |
Any summon card + any magic card + Jack
Bambi + Blizzard + Any item card
|Homing Blizzara (ホーミングブリザラ
|Cast a Blizzara spell that seeks out the targeted enemy.||Atlantica Bounty|| + + |
Aero + Blizzard + Any magic card
|Freezes nearby enemies. Attacking a frozen enemy deals greater damage.||Defeat Vexen on the 10th floor.||+ +|
In Kingdom Hearts II Blizzard replaces Fire as the default single-target attack spell and has been changed to shoot a single ice chunk directly in front of Sora. It is, however, capable of striking enemies positioned behind the spell's target.
The Reaction Command Blizzagun, usable Kingdom Hearts II, is considered by some to be another variant of the Blizzard spell. It is only usable in a battle in Agrabah and in the Hades Paradox Cup, both times against the Blizzard Lord. The attack captures the Blizzard Lord and hurls it across the field. No ice is released during this attack, nor does any magic appear to be used.
A new ability, Blizzard Boost, increases the amount of damage done by Blizzard magic. It is generally learned by leveling, and is also a passive ability acquired when equipping the Mysterious Abyss Keyblade.
Characters who cast Blizzard magic in Kingdom Hearts II:
In Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days, Blizzard is similar to King Mickey's Pearl spell and Jack Skellington's Blizzard; in that it possesses homing properties and can pass through several targets. Blizzara shoots a ball of ice that disperses into a small snowstorm when it lands, damaging any enemy coming into contact with it. Blizzaga sets a trap in the form of a small ice mine that, when approached, triggers a large explosion of ice. In this game, thanks to Magic Level Panels, each spell is granted different properties as they level up.
- Blizzard:The amount of hits it dish outs and speed increased with level, at Level 5 the projectile becomes incredible fast and hits enemies far more consistently before despairing.
- Blizzara: The snowstorm size's increases slightly with levels, at Level 5 the size triples, and the explosion radios of spell quadruples in size.
- Blizzaga: The explosion radios and damage increase with levels, at Level 5 explosion area is 8 times larger, its damage is also largely increased, it also detects nearby enemies far more easily.
In Kingdom Hearts coded, the Blizzard License can be used from the Hero's License.
In Kingdom Hearts Re:coded, Blizzard mimicks the effect it had in Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep.
- Blizzard: It costs 19% of memory and has 10 seconds of reload time.
- Blizzara: It costs 21% of memory and has 12 seconds of reload time.
- Blizzaga: It costs 22% of memory and has 14 seconds of reload time.
- Blizzard: Aqua has it automatically equipped. Can be bought at the Moogle Shop
- Blizzara: Can be found in chests. Can be made through Command Melding and can be bought at the Moogle Shop
- Blizzaga: Can be found in chests. Can be made through Command Melding and can be bought at the Moogle Shop
Blizzard: Granted by the Cheshire Cat in Wonderland. Power equals Max MP+22.
Blizzara: Upgraded after defeating Jafar. Power equals Max MP+26.
Blizzaga: Upgraded after beating Behemoth in the Hades Cup. Power equals Max MP+32.
Kingdom Hearts coded
- Blue Sea Salt: 40%(Blizzard), 25%(Blizzara), 5%(Blizzaga)
Blizzard can be synthesized for 1200 munny once Roxas is promoted to Novice rank.
Blizzara can be synthesized for 1300 munny once Roxas is promoted to Novice rank.
Blizzaga can be synthesized for 2000 munny once Roxas is promoted to Novice rank.
Blizzara is an Basic-class Magic Command that can be melded through four different recipes, listed in the Magic Recipe.
- The first recipe can be melded by Terra, Ventus, Aqua, and is a H recipe.
- Blizzard (LV2) and Aero (LV2)
- The second recipe can be melded by Terra, Ventus, Aqua, and is a E recipe.
- Blizzard (LV2) and Blizzard (LV2)
- The third recipe can be melded by Terra, Ventus, Aqua, and is a G recipe.
- Blizzard (LV2) and Strike Raid (LV2)
- The fourth recipe can be melded by Terra, Ventus, Aqua, and is a G recipe.
- Blizzard (LV2) and Blizzard Edge (LV2)
Blizzaga is an Advanced-class Magic Command that can be melded through three different recipes, listed in the Mega Magic Recipe.
- The first recipe can be melded by Terra, Ventus, Aqua, and is a E recipe.
- Blizzard (LV3) and Blizzara (LV3)
- The second recipe can be melded by Terra, Ventus, Aqua, and is a F recipe.
- Blizzara (LV3) and Blizzara (LV3)
- The third recipe can be melded by Terra, Ventus, Aqua, and is a G recipe.
- Blizzara (LV3) and Blizzard Edge (LV3)
Kingdom Hearts Re:coded
- Ice Dash + Quick Blitz
- Blizzard + Blizzard Edge
- Blizzard + Fire
- Blizzard + Thunder
- Blizzard + Cure
- Blizzard + Slow
- Cure + Blizzard Edge
- Slow + Blizzard Edge
- Stop + Blizzard Edge
- Ice Dash + Thunder Blast
- Aero Buster + Ice Storm
- Ice Dive + Blizzara
- Confuse + Ice Storm
- Esuna + Ice Storm
Enemies that use Blizzard
- Blue Rhapsody
- Icy Cube
- Blizzard Lord
- Blizzard Plant
- Skater Bomb
- Zexion (only as mission partner in 358/2 Days)
- Marluxia (only as mission partner in 358/2 Days)
- Xemnas (Armored Controller)
In both Kingdom Hearts and Kingdom Hearts II, there are types of synthesis materials both called Frost that are filled with the power of ice.
In Kingdom Hearts II, Blizzard names are used to mark the ranks of gattling Projectile Gummi Blocks.
Armor and Accessories
- Kingdom Hearts: Blizzard Ring, Blizzara Ring, Blizzaga Ring, Element Ring, Three Stars, Holy Circlet, and Ribbon.
- Kingdom Hearts Final Mix: Blizzagun Wrist, Shiva Belt and Royal Crown
- Kingdom Hearts II: Abas Chain, Aegis Chain, Acrisius, Acrisius+, Cosmic Chain, Blizzard Armlet, Blizzara Armlet, Blizzaga Armlet, Blizzagun Armlet, Petit Ribbon and Ribbon.
- Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix: Highest Ribbon
Notes and Refrences
|Fire | Blizzard | Thunder | Cure | Aero | Gravity | Stop | Summon|
|Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories|
|Kingdom Hearts II|
|Magnet | Reflect|
|Kingdom Hearts coded|
|Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep|
|Poison | Esuna | Slow | Confuse | Dimension Link|
|Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance|
|Balloon | Spark|
|Kingdom Hearts III|
|Water | Link Summon|